Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello from Cheonan!

Hey Everyone!

Big News!!!  I made it two Korea!  I actually arrived a little over a week ago.  So far I have met a ton of people, and have been to a lot of new places.  I love the food so far, though I am not a fan of Kimchi in any form...yet.  I have been told it will grow on me.

My students are wonderful.  I teach kids from 5-15 years old.  This is nice because their skill levels are all different, and the classes are all different.  I don't spend an entire day with 5 year olds running around screaming and hitting each other, and I don't have all classes of 15 year olds who don't want to be there, and therefore refuse to speak at all.

I am living in the Deojung neighborhood, which is really great because there is a lot of stuff to do.  There are a lot of restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.  There are mostly Koreans here, but there are plenty of foreigners.  I am glad not to be living in Seoul, too many foreigners.  I don't think it would truly feel like being in Korea.

Tomorrow a Typhoon is going to hit the city, my school has already announced they will be closed.  I think the government may have issued a statement telling all schools around here to close because it is too dangerous for students to leave their homes.  I am excited to see what it will be like.  I am a little upset I don't have the internet working in my apartment yet, but I have so many movies I won't be bored.  There are several English channels on TV here.  That is nice as well.

So far since I have been here is has rained every day except for 2, today and yesterday.  Sometimes it storms pretty hard here.  I am interested to find out what this typhoon is going to be like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment