Thursday, August 16, 2012

In the Beginning...

This is my first post on this site so I will begin with a little info about me:


I am currently residing in Small Town, Michigan, USA, but any day now that is going to change. I am about to move to Cheonan, South Korea where I will teach English as a second language. If you know anything about younger Americans moving to Korea I bet you saw that job description coming from a mile away.


I have been working on this move for months, and it is finally coming to fruition. Although strangely enough I don't know when I am actually leaving. As soon as my passport returns from it's extended stay at the Korean Consulate in Chicago I will leave, literally the next day. I just don't know when it is coming back.


This whole idea of being gone for a year didn't quit seem real until I received an email from my recruiter this week stating that she had booked a flight for me at 6am the following morning, just in case my passport arrived that day...YIKES!


Ever since then I have been busy packing, unpacking, rearranging, packing, and weighing my suitcases over and over just to make sure I have everything perfect. Though, I am not sure why I worry so much...it all seems to work out in the end.


Before I go I want to share something that I thought was really cool. On Saturday I went to lunch with a good friend of mine at a Chinese restaurant. At which time I received the greatest fortune cookie of all time. It said, and I quote "You are about to embark on a wonderful journey." Hahaha how awesome is that?


Lots of Love!


Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment